Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Day at the Lake

Ewww....Worms!




Caleb and his chips!



















Saturday we celebrated Chad's birthday with a day on the lake with his family. We had a beautiful day and had fun swimming and fishing. We caught lots of little sun fish, perfect for the kids (but words of wisdom for all of you other novice fishermen, don't forget to pull the basket with the prize fishies out of the water when you decide to move to a new spot, Oops!) Caleb liked bobbing in the water with Grandma, but mostly he ate! He was more concerned about where to put his chip down at when daddy was ready to reel in the fish than anything!
......And at the end of the day, Chad was 30!

4 comments:

The Sampson's said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I feel your pain with the big 3-0!!! The lake looked like a great time...and Bella would agree with Caleb on the chips...they are very hard to resist when you get to have them!

Matt and Carley said...

It looks like the lake was a success and a lot of fun too. I'm glad that y'all ended up with such nice weather for the trip. And, I guess Chad survived turning 30 after all. I love the picture of Caleb's worm face. I'll have to hear about how he enjoyed the fishing later.

The Thompson Family said...

That face is cracking me up! Glad you guys had a great day at the lake...what fun! Happy Birthday Chad!

Traci Fritz said...

What a fun day! I'm glad Caleb fits into a life jacket!! I can't find anything small enough for Ava! I even had to buy a 6-12 month swimsuitfor her....maybe someday she'll grow. Happy belated birthday to you Chad!!