Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Start of Summer...

The last of May was busy with lots of visits from family! Here is a quick update with lots of pictures of our adventures!
First...
A baby girl update....I am smiling more, starting to giggle but we havn't figured out the magic combination on how to initiate the giggles yet, they are random and quite amusing! Still got my cheeks and rolls, and they are just too fun to pinch and kiss!
I am getting stronger, holding my head up further and further, and sometimes if I lean just far enough I find my self looking at the ceiling fan!
I like silky things and sucking on them...
...but I am also liking this other thing called a thumb, mom keeps pulling it out, but those pacifiers just don't have the right taste to me! Silky may have to do!
Brother is real good at helping me, we read books and he rolls me over, and brings me toys, I kinda like watching him.
Then Mimi and Papa came to visit for a week...


We went to Branson for a few days and stayed at the Stillwater Resort there, very nice and lots to do and keep us busy! We were able to dodge the rain and had some nice weather and even some swim time!

There was fishing...


Paddle boats...

Kayaks...

Okay.. so dad I don't think this is going to work?
Swimming like an alligator...

Waterfalls, rocks to jump, bridges to cross...

Swimming under the bridge to get to the waterfall, that was a big accomplishment the second day in the pool! Caleb did well, I wasn't sure how we would do with swimming after the winter, but he likes his "puddle jumper" life jacket and was swimming by himself kicking and paddling the second day! We are ready for summer!

Then Caleb spent a few days with Mimi and Papa in Cassville, while mommy got some girl time with Kyla at home!


The next weekend...
Kyla's Dedication
May 31, 2009
We dedicated Kyla at our church and it was a beautiful day! It was so nice to have almost all of our family there to stand with us and share in this special moment as we dedicated her back to the Lord who has so wonderfully blessed us with her!

She looked like a little angel if I say so! I made this dress for her before she was born (praying it would fit, thankfully she is a big girl!) She had a head band that her cousin had made for her and she wore a little bracelet with pearls and her birth stones(of which there were 3 to represent the Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as a reminder of who she will always belong to). Her birth stone is aqua blue, so one day she will get it back on her wedding day as her something blue as we give her away to a special Godly man, and we will remember just how small her little wrist was and the woman she will grow to be, and she will know that she is still God's! I am sort of sentimental like that, I know! But it was special to us and hopefully to her!

She received a certificate with the meaning of her name and a life verse:
Kyla- Crowned, beautiful, living near the chapel
Rose- A rose
Character Quality: Crowned with Beauty
Her Life Verse:
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains, from whence shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2"
It wasn't Caleb's wish to be on stage, he had to be carried up, thats "my" boy!
So that has been a recap of the last few weeks... now we will leave you with a pic of Caleb off in his new Viper for some more summer fun! Oh to be a kid again!
Caleb and Dayson doing some cruisin...
See ya later...

5 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

You have had a very busy summer already! Kyla's dress is beautiful--you did a great job on it. And it sounds like a really special day with so much meaning to it.

CaseyLew said...

Ok, Since I have time, I will make you an extra taggie. I am glad she likes it!:) The dress turned out to be just as BEAUTIFUL as I had thought!:)

The Sampson's said...

Kyla is getting so big and is such a pretty girl!!! I love the picture of she and Caleb reading together...too cute! We will definately have to have Pool Friday's starting in July!!!

Matt and Carley said...

Kyla looked absolutely beautiful in her dedication dress! I love all of that sentimental stuff too. I know she will be very appreciative of it all especially about 25 years from now. I can see the tears in yours and Chad's eyes already.

Leah Carpenter said...

Adorable!! I love all of the pictures. I really like Cami sucking her thumb, so hopefully you will give me tips to stop it! Hugs and Kisses!